Fatal accident inquiries (FAIs): statistics
Statistics covering the period 2018 to 2019.
Inquiries into Fatal Accidents and Sudden Deaths etc. (Scotland) Act 2016 Report to the Scottish Parliament – August 2019
Scottish Ministers are required under section 29 of the Inquiries into Fatal Accidents and Sudden Deaths etc. (Scotland) Act 2016 to report on inquiries that concluded in the previous financial year.
The statistics for the period 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019 for Fatal Accident Inquiries under section 29(1) of 2016 Act are as follows:
- Number of FAIs that ended during the year: 32
- Number in which recommendations requiring a response were made: none (there were 2 with general recommendations but no responses required)
- Number of such recommendations made: none
- Number of such recommendations in relation which a response was received by SCTS under section 28 (1): none
- Number of such recommendations in relation to which a notice was published under section 28 (7) (signalling that no response was received): none
All 2016 Act determinations, recommendations and responses are accessible from the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service web portal at:
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback