Regeneration Capital Grant Fund (RCGF) 2017-18: stage two application form
- Part of
- Communities and third sector, Housing
This information is for projects that have been invited to submit full stage two applications.
The deadline for submissions for Stage 2 applications is noon on Monday 28 November 2016.
The Regeneration Capital Grant Fund (RCGF) is a £25 million-a-year fund delivered in partnership with COSLA and local government. It supports local regeneration projects that involve communities and help to create jobs.
The RCGF is open to all 32 Scottish local authorities individually or whether they exercise their functions through Urban Regeneration Companies (URCs) or other Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs).
Stage two application process
Projects successful at being invited to stage two should complete the attached application form. Guidance notes are also attached.
Only one application is required for each project, even if it covers more than one local authority area.
Match funding is not required, but projects should consider any leverage that can be brought to the funding package and this will be considered by the RCGF Investment Panel when assessing projects.
No other documentation or contributions should be submitted with the application form other than a map/plan of the area if this would be helpful in describing the project. Supporting documentation may be requested by the Investment Panel at stage 2 if they feel it is helpful.
Grants will be provided for project spend between April 2017 and March 2018.
It is unlikely that the fund will reopen for applications again during 2016, however, there is potential for new projects to be submitted next year.
After an application is submitted, if we need to clarify anything on the application form we will tell the project contact as soon as possible after the closing date.
Final recommendations will be considered by COSLA and Ministers towards the end of February 2017. Applicants will be informed of the final recommendations as soon as possible thereafter.
Claims will not be paid in advance. Project applicants are required to complete a claim form for grant they have spent or where they have entered into legal/binding contract committing them to deliver the project.
Funding is intended to support the following:
- projects that primarily focus on areas that suffer from high levels of deprivation and disadvantage
- projects that will deliver large scale transformational change with strong regeneration outcomes
- projects and programmes that can encourage additional investment and address market failure
- projects that demonstrate clear community involvement
The fund is not intended to be a primary source of funding for:
- housing projects (but can support ancillary outcomes)
- major infrastructure projects relating to transport
- purchase of moveable infrastructure, e.g. furniture and fittings
- projects relating solely to hotel or retail developments are unlikely to be supported if there are no clear regeneration outcomes
- projects that focus solely on public realm improvements, new roads/paths or upgrades are unlikely to be funded. However, these will be eligible if they are elements within wider regeneration projects which will produce economic and social outcomes
- flood protection/work/upgrades are not eligible
The RCGF will not provide funds for feasibility studies for proposals, as projects should be suitably developed and at a stage where capital expenditure and delivery can take place during 2016-17.
The RCGF can be used to purchase land or buildings, but a strong case would need to be made in terms of the value for money and ultimate regeneration outcomes being achieved by a project. Conditions would apply in terms of control of the asset and subsequent use and transfer or sale of any land or property purchased. Purchase of an asset alone would not constitute an eligible project.
If you have any queries that aren't answered here please contact the regeneration team using the contact details provided.
- File type
- Word document
- File size
- 474.1 kB
- File type
- Word document
- File size
- 350.7 kB
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0141 242 5497
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback