- 29 Sep 2017
Proposal 15: Innovative infrastructure planning
We believe infrastructure planning needs to look ahead so that it can deliver low carbon solutions, new digital technologies and the facilities that communities need.
Why we are making a change
Planning has a critical role to play in infrastructure planning. An infrastructure first approach can help support the role out of low carbon, energy generation and distribution infrastructure as well as ensuring better integration of land use planning with transport, energy, digital and green infrastructure planning.
What we are doing
- We have decided to maintain provisions for low and zero carbon technologies, given our climate change commitments.
- Work continues to progress across policy areas (e.g. low carbon, digital and education).
How we will deliver change
- Primary legislation – no
- Secondary Legislation – no
- Guidance – yes
- Non legislative action – yes
- We have taken forward enhanced permitted development rights for telecommunications infrastructure and our work on education infrastructure planning continues.
Telephone: 0131 244 7059
Area 2-H (South)
Planning and Architecture Division
The Scottish Government