- Decision-making: continuous reduction of average timescales for all development categories [Q1 - Q4].
- Processing agreements: offer to all prospective applicants for major development planning applications and availability publicised on website.
- Early collaboration with applicants and consultees, availability and promotion of pre-application discussions for all prospective applications and clear and proportionate requests for supporting information.
- Legal agreements: conclude (or reconsider) applications after resolving to grant permission and reducing number of live applications more than 6 months after resolution to grant (from last reporting period).
- Enforcement charter updated / re-published within last 2 years.
- Continuous improvement: progress/improvement in relation to PPF National Headline Indicators and progress ambitious and relevant service improvement commitments identified through PPF report.
- Local development plan less than 5 years since adoption.
- Development plan scheme, next LDP on course for adoption within 5 years of current plan(s) adoption and project planned and expected to be delivered to planned timescale.
- Elected members engaged early (pre-MIR) in development plan preparation, if plan has been at pre-MIR stage during reporting year.
- Cross sector stakeholders engaged early (pre-MIR) in development plan preparation, if plan has been at pre-MIR stage during reporting year (including industry, agencies and Scottish Government).
- Regular and proportionate policy advice produced on information required to support applications and expected developer contributions.
- Corporate working across services to improve outputs and services for customer benefit (for example, protocols, joined-up services, single contact arrangements, joint pre-application advice).
- Sharing good practice, skills and knowledge between authorities.
- Stalled sites / legacy cases: conclusion or withdrawal of old planning applications and reducing number of live applications more than one year old.
- Developer contributions: clear and proportionate expectations set out in development plan (and/or emerging plan) and in pre-application discussions.
Performance markers for planning authorities.pdf
- File type
- 1 page PDF
- File size
- 90.5 kB
Telephone: 0131 244 7528
Area 2-H (South)
Planning and Architecture Division
The Scottish Government
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback