NHS Chief Executives minutes: May 2018
- Health Workforce Directorate
- Part of
- Health and social care
Minutes of the meeting of the NHS Chief Executives on 9 May 2018.
Attendees and apologies
- Jeff Ace (Chair) NHS Dumfries and Galloway
- Jane Davidson NHS Borders
- Paul Hawkins NHS Fife
- Cathie Cowan NHS Forth Valley
- Amanda Croft NHS Grampian
- Jane Grant NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Elaine Mead NHS Highland (by VC)
- Calum Campbell NHS Lanarkshire
- Susan Goldsmith NHS Lothian
- Gerry O’Brien NHS Orkney
- Ralph Roberts NHS Shetland (by VC)
- Malcolm Wright NHS Tayside
- Jill Young Golden Jubilee Foundation
- Robbie Pearson Healthcare Improvement Scotland
- Angiolina Foster NHS 24
- Caroline Lamb NHS Education for Scotland
- Gerry McLaughlin NHS Health Scotland
- Colin Sinclair NHS National Services Scotland
- Pauline Howie Scottish Ambulance Service
- Jim Crichton State Hospital
- Jason Leitch National Clinical Director, Health Quality and Strategy
- Christine McLaughlin Director of Health Finance
- Gregor Smith Deputy Chief Medical Officer
- Colin Brown Office of the Chief Executive NHS Scotland
Agenda Item 5 – Planned and Elective Care
- Juliette Murray Scottish Access Collaborative
- David Murdoch Scottish Access Collaborative
- Gordon Frame Scottish Access Collaborative
- Kerry Russell Scottish Access Collaborative
- Iain Wallace Chair of Medical Directors
- Alex McMahon Chair of SEND
- Robert Kirkwood Office of the Chief Executive NHS Scotland
- David Bedwell Executive Support for Chief Executives
- Chris Campbell Executive Support for Chief Executives
- Paul Gray DG Health and Social Care and Chief Executive NHSScotland
- John Burns NHS Ayrshire and Arran
- Tim Davison NHS Lothian
- Gordon Jamieson NHS Western Isles
- Shirley Rogers Director of Health Workforce and Strategic Change
- Andrew Scott Director of Population Health
- Geoff Huggins Director of Health and Social Care Integration and Digital
- Catherine Calderwood Chief Medical Officer
- Fiona McQueen Chief Nursing Officer
- Michael Chalmers Director of Children and Families
- Alan Hunter NHS Scotland Director of Performance and Delivery
- Margie Taylor Chief Dental Officer
- Rose Marie Parr Chief Pharmaceutical Officer
Items and actions
Welcome, apologies for absence and attendees
1. Jeff Ace chaired the meeting in Paul Gray’s absence and welcomed everyone to the meeting. A list of attendees and apologies for absence are provided at Annex A.
Minutes of the previous meeting
2. The minutes of the meeting held on 7 March 2018 were approved.
3. There were no matters arising.
Feedback from the Chief Executives' private/strategy meeting
4. Jeff Ace, Chair of the NHS Chief Executives Group gave an update on the discussions from the private/strategy meeting, including:
- Financial framework
- PACS Tier 2
- GP trainees
Planned and elective care
5. Alan Hunter had attended the private Chief Executives meeting on Tuesday 8 May and covered part of this item in relation to Elective Centres.
6. Paul Hawkins, Juliette Murray, David Murdoch, Gordon Frame and Kerry Russell provided colleagues with a presentation on progress of the Access Collaborative scope and plans.
7. The Collaborative has made good progress to date and has set up subgroups to look at a number of specialties. A delivery plan is being developed ahead of an event for Enhanced Recovery due to take place at the end of May.
8. Jeff Ace thanked colleagues for the update. The Chief Executives Group strongly supported and endorsed the approach adopted by the Scottish Access Collaborative.
Any other business
9. There were no items of other business raised.
Date and time of next meeting
10. The next NHS Chief Executives Business Meeting will take place on 13 June at 13:00, in the Fettes Suite, Scottish Health Service Centre, Edinburgh EH4 2LF.
Office of the Chief Executive for NHSScotland 31 May 2018
An update from St Andrew’s House (NHSCE/18/19/01) was circulated to Chief Executives in advance of the meeting for information.
- File type
- 4 page PDF
- File size
- 150.4 kB
Email: Corporate Business Management Team email@example.com
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback