- 11 Dec 2017
Items and actions
19th National Economic Forum – 13 December 2017
As you know, the National Economic Forum is an event at which senior figures from across business, the third sector, trade unions, government and the wider public sector meet to debate how to grow Scotland's economy. Attendance is through invitation only.
The next National Economic Forum is scheduled to take place on the morning of Wednesday 13th December at Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh. The theme for the day is ‘A Nation with Ambition: a high tech, low carbon, inclusive economy’.
Agenda for the day:
- 08:15-09:00, Registration with tea/coffee and breakfast roll
- 9:00-09:05, Opening – Minister for Business, Innovation and Energy
- 09:05-09:20, First Minister
- 09:20-09:30, Business Keynote – Nora Senior
- 09:30-10:05, Q&A panel with First Minister, Cabinet Secretary for Economy, Jobs and Fair Work and Nora Senior, Chair of the Strategic Board
- 10:05-10.25, Networking break
- 10.25-12:00, Discussion groups
- Innovation, creativity and digital drivers for industries of the future
- A digital approach to international trade
- Scotland CAN DO: Building a Backbone to support an Entrepreneurial Society
- Innovation, technological advances and the changing world of work: Do we understand Scotland’s future skills needs?
- Working for Scotland: the UK Industrial Strategy
- 12:00-12:30, Ministerial Q&A panel with Cabinet Secretary for Culture, Tourism and External Affairs, Cabinet Secretary for Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform and Minister for UK Negotiations on Scotland’s Place in Europe
- 12:30-12:40, Closing address - Cabinet Secretary for Culture, Tourism and External Affairs
- 12.40, Networking lunch