1. How many tickets were allocated for these sold-out online National Care Service co-design events on August 22 and August 29.
2. The names of the people who have been allocated the tickets for each event and the organisations they represent.
3. On May 9, Maree Todd said arrangements would be made for MSPs to observe these events. What arrangements were made?
1. Two online sessions took place on the 24 August and three online sessions will take place on the 29 August.
- 118 places (tickets) were allocated to the Information Sharing to Improve Care Support session,
- 114 places (tickets) were allocated to the Making Sure my Voice is Heard session,
- 107 places (tickets) were allocated to the Realising Rights and Responsibilities session; and
- 106 places (tickets) were allocated to the Keeping Care Support Local session.
- 120 places (tickets) were allocated to the Valuing the Workforce session. Due to exceptional demand, arrangements are being made to run additional online sessions for the Valuing the Workforce theme to allow 50 individuals to fully participate.
Please note that each online session includes co-design activities and efforts are being made to ensure they can run effectively in an online environment which means considering the total number of participants in each session.
2. The names of the people who have been allocated the tickets for each event and the organisations they represent. The events are for people with experience of accessing and delivering social care. We cannot provide this information because of section 38(1)(b) (personal information) of FOISA applies to that information.
The reasons why this exemption applies is explained in the Annex.
3. Following discussions with the Committee it was agreed it was most appropriate for Committee Members to attend the lunch time drop-in sessions at the in-person regional forums rather than the co-design sessions. All committee members were invited to the in-person lunch time drop-in sessions via a letter in May. A link to this letter is included below. The online co-design events on August 24 and August 29 do not include a lunch time drop-in session.
Following feedback from user researchers, it was decided that MSPs observing co-design sessions could impede individuals with lived experience from sharing their experience in an open, honest and confidential way.
Letter from Maree Todd, Minister for Mental Wellbeing and Social Care to the Health and Social Care Committee, 23 May 2023
ANNEX - REASONS FOR NOT PROVIDING INFORMATION
An exemption under section 38(1)(b) of FOISA (personal information) applies the information requested because it is personal data of a third party, i.e. names and contact details of individuals, and disclosing it would contravene the data protection principles in Article 5(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation and in section 34(1) of the Data Protection Act 2018.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback