JURY RESEARCH ADVISORY GROUP
Meeting on 30 October 2018
- Action points from last meeting all completed.
- Professor Chalmers and Professor Leverick met with the Judicial Institute to discuss the Methods of Conveying Information to Jurors evidence review.
- Fieldwork is now complete.
- Questionnaire data is scanned and fully coded and the research team is more than halfway through coding transcripts of all juries. The research team are also viewing the videos of the deliberations and completing observation sheets.
- Next Steps: Expect coding to be completed by the end of November then will move to stage 2 of the research, working towards having the report finalised by Autumn 2019 to then be published. RAG members will have the opportunity to comment on drafts of the report.
- SG to feedback any comments to researchers from those who could not attend the meeting.
- SG to arrange next RAG meeting for mid-May (proposed dates 15th or 16th May).
Attendees and apologies
Michael Walker, Law Society of Scotland
Kay McCorquodale, SCTS
Lorraine Murray, Ipsos Mori
Rachel Ormston, Ipsos Mori
Professor Fiona Leverick, University of Glasgow
Professor James Chalmers, University of Glasgow
Professor Vanessa Munro, University of Warwick
Lesley Bagha, Scottish Government (Deputy Chair)
Karen Auchincloss, Scottish Government
Catherine Bisset, Scottish Government
Ella Edginton, Scottish Government
Laura McDavitt, Scottish Government
Alastair Bowden, Scottish Government
Willie Cowan, Scottish Government (Chair)
Sheriff Duff, Judicial Institute
John Scullion QC, Faculty of Advocates
Anthony McGeehan, COPFS
Nicola Edge, Scottish Government
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback