- Next meeting - SG to provide options for dates and check RAG members’ availability.
- SG to begin to schedule future meetings.
Attendees and apologies
Willie Cowan, Scottish Government, (Chair)
Nicola Edge, Scottish Government
Karen Auchincloss, Scottish Government
Sheriff Duff, Judicial Institute
John Scullion QC, Faculty of Advocates
Anthony McGeehan, COPFS
Michael Walker, Law Society of Scotland
Lorraine Murray, Ipsos Mori
Rachel Ormston, Ipsos Mori
Professor Fiona Leverick, University of Glasgow
Professor James Chambers, University of Glasgow
Professor Vanessa Munro, University of Warwick
Edward McHugh, SCTS
Catherine Bisset, Scottish Government
Laura McDavitt, Scottish Government
Lesley Bagha, Scottish Government
Tamsyn Wilson, Scottish Government
Kay McCorquodale, SCTS
Items and actions
- RAG content with membership of the group and its remit.
- SG to set up web page for the jury research project where action points will be published.
- Comments made by the group on the case simulation outlines to be taken into account by the researchers when developing the detailed scripts which will then be made available to RAG members for comment.
- Researchers to consider issues around who should play the three main roles in the case simulations.
- Film previously made by the Crown Office to be made available to the researchers.
- Researchers to consider extending the timetable for the turnaround on comments on scripts.
Deliverables for RAG to contribute to: full draft scripts (to be circulated on 17 November for comments by 22 November), feedback on evidence review draft reports (aiming to circulate on 22 December for comments by 19 January), pre- and post- deliberation questionnaires (circulated to RAG early January for comments by mid-late January).
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback