- 4 Mar 2020
JURY RESEARCH ADVISORY GROUP
Meeting on 22 May 2019
Willie Cowan, Scottish Government (Chair)
John Scullion QC, Faculty of Advocates
Anthony McGeehan, COPFS
Michael Walker, Law Society of Scotland
Kay McCorquodale, SCTS
Lorraine Murray, Ipsos Mori
Rachel Ormston, Ipsos Mori
Professor Fiona Leverick, University of Glasgow
Professor James Chalmers, University of Glasgow
Professor Vanessa Munro, University of Warwick
Lesley Bagha, Scottish Government
Catherine Bisset, Scottish Government
Alastair Bowden, Scottish Government
Ella Edginton, Scottish Government
Laura McDavitt, Scottish Government
Sheriff Duff, Judicial Institute
Nicola Edge, Scottish Government
- Action points from last meeting all completed.
- No future RAG meetings planned, members will be invited by SG to participate in launch and engagement events after publication of the report.
- SG to collate RAG’s substantive comments on draft report (on clarity, accessibility for non-experts and accuracy - members did not comment on the validity or legitimacy of the results), including further comments in writing from those unable to attend the meeting, and submit to the researchers.
- Researchers to produce next draft of report.
- Researchers to produce 4 page summary of research findings once report finalised.
- SG to share final draft report with RAG ahead of publication.
- SG to further develop engagement plans and engage with researchers to facilitate their involvement.