1. How many newly qualified teachers who completed their probationary year in 22 and 23 are a) in permanent positions, b) in temporary positions - please break this down to each council area
2. How many NQTS have left the profession since completing their probationary year in 22 and 23
3. How many teachers have left the profession in the last five years - what reasons have they given
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government have some of the information you have requested.
1. Statistics on the employment of teachers following their Teacher Induction Scheme probation are available in table 1.6 of the teacher census supplementary statistics and in the post-probationer teacher employment dashboard:
The latest available statistics are for teachers that completed the Teacher Induction Scheme in the 2021/22 school year.
2. We do not hold information on the number of teachers that have left the profession. The statistics at the links above show information on post-probationary teachers that are not employed in a publicly funded school in Scotland, see the ‘other’ category.
3. We do not hold information on the number of teachers that have left the profession.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback