Publication - Form

Hazardous substances contravention notice appeals: form and guidance

Information on appealing a planning authority's decision about hazardous substances contravention notices.

13 Oct 2015
Hazardous substances contravention notice appeals: form and guidance

You have the right to make a hazardous substances contravention appeal to Scottish Ministers where a planning authority:

  • serves a hazardous substances contravention notice

The attached guidance explains:

  • what the appeals process is
  • how to complete and submit your form
  • how to get in touch
  • how to send documents to the DPEA electronically
Your appeal must be made before the date that the notice is due to come into effect. This date will be clearly stated on the notice itself

There is no fee for this type of appeal. Everybody who participates in the process is normally expected to cover their own expenses.

You can track the progress of your appeal online.

More information

This form and guidance relates to appeals made under:

Circular 3/2015: Planning Controls for Hazardous Substances provides context for this specific appeal.

A guide to planning appeals explains what can be appealed to ministers and provides context for our appeals forms.

Appeal Form - HSCN.pdf

4 page PDF
424.3 kB

Electronic Best Practice.pdf

2 page PDF
98.1 kB


DPEA Twitter Feed


Telephone: 0300 244 6668

Planning and Environmental Appeals Division
Hadrian House
Callendar Business Park