This guidance is laid out in four sections:
- Section 1 - Provides a brief overview of the key objectives of the new regulations and some background about the new secure accommodation decision making process.
- Section 2 - Provides an overview of the new duties in relation to decisions to implement a secure authorisation and the duty to review the placement in secure accommodation (regulations 4, 5, 6 & 10).
- Section 3 - Outlines the duties in relation to a decision not to implement a secure accommodation authorisation and rights to request a review of this decision (regulations 7, 8 & 9,).
- Section 4 - Discusses the appeals process (regulations 11, 12 13, 14).
Annexes at the back of the guidance provide:
- an outline of the process for quick reference
- an example of a template that could be used or adapted for recording decisions
- a list of further guidance and reading which may be helpful for decision makers