Information relating to Scottish Government humanitarian aid for Gaza. Further detail on the information you requested can be found below:
- A detailed breakdown of how the 750,000 GBP was allocated and disbursed.
- The names of organisations, agencies, or entities that received these funds.
- A description of the projects or initiatives that were funded with this money.
- Information on the impact and outcomes of the projects funded by this allocation.
- The names and positions of individuals responsible for overseeing the allocation and monitoring of these funds.
1. A break down of how the £750,000 was allocated can be found on the Scottish Government's website.
- Humanitarian aid funding - gov.scot (www.gov.scot) (£500,000)
- Humanitarian aid for Gaza - gov.scot (www.gov.scot) (additional £250,000)
2. All the funding for humanitarian aid for Gaza was allocated to The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) for distribution.
3. The aid will help to provide access to clean water, food and shelter in Gaza and Libya.
4. Information on the appeal can be found online: UNRWA Flash Appeal: 90 day initial emergency response to the escalation in the Gaza Strip | UNRWA
5. Minister for Culture, Europe and International Development, Christina McKelvie is the minister responsible for decisions surrounding humanitarian aid. As with our response to any humanitarian crises (Responding to humanitarian crises - International development - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)), the grant given to UNRWA will be managed within the Scottish Government’s International Development Team. We would not release the names of officials working on this programme or the precise job titles they hold.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback