Personal Independence Payment (PIP) assessments: FOI release

Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002

Information requested

Can I please ask which private companies are contracted to do PIP assessments in Scotland?


While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance Social Security Scotland does not have the information you have requested. This is because Social Security Scotland does not deliver Personal Independence Payment (PIP). That benefit is delivered by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

Adult Disability Payment (ADP) is funded by the Scottish Government and administered by Social Security Scotland and has replaced Personal Independence Payment for people who normally live in Scotland. On 29 August 2022, Adult Disability Payment was rolled out nationally for new applications.

All Adult Disability Payment client consultations are carried out by qualified health and social care practitioners employed by Social Security Scotland. We do not contract with any private companies in the administration of Adult Disability Payment.

About FOI

The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at


Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000

The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
Regent Road

Back to top