With respect to contact between Jim Mather, 1st May 2021 ‐ date, please provide:
(1) The dates of all meetings held, in person or virtual.
(2) Any documentation relating to the meetings, including agendas, presentation materials, minutes, notes, or briefings.
(3) All correspondence between the Constitutional Futures Division and Jim Mather, 1st May 2021 ‐ date.
1. A meeting took place on 17 March 2022.
2. Following a search of our records, I can confirm that no information is held. This is a formal notice under Section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have some of the information you have requested.
3. Some of the information you have requested is included in Annex A. An exemption under S.38(1) (b) of FOISA applies to some of the information you have requested. The reason why this exemption applies is explained in Annex B.
Your right to request a review
If you are unhappy with this response to your FOI request, you may ask us to carry out an internal review of the response, by writing to:
Director for Constitution,
St Andrew’s House,
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your review request should explain why you are dissatisfied with this response, and should be made within 40 working days from the date when you received this letter. We will complete the review and tell you the result, within 20 working days from the date when we receive your review request.
If you are not satisfied with the result of the review, you then have the right to appeal to the Scottish Information Commissioner. More detailed information on your appeal rights is available on the Commissioner’s website at:
S.38(1)(b) (Personal Information)
We are unable to provide some of the information you have requested because an exemption under section 38(1)(b) (Personal Information) of FOISA applies to that information. This is because it is personal data of a third party, specifically the personal details of individuals below Senior Civil Service grade, and disclosing it would contravene the data protection principles in Article 5(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation and in section 34(1) of the Data Protection Act 2018.
This exemption is not subject to the 'public interest test', so we are not required to consider if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- File size
- 113.3 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback