You asked for the following information about the SPPA confidential waste destruction contract:
- Has confidential waste been procured via tender or framework or another means?
- If a framework, could you confirm the name of the framework please?
- Actual contract values of each framework/contract (& any sub lots)
- Start date & duration of contract
- Is there an extension clause in the framework(s)/contract(s) and, if so, the duration of the extension?
- Has a decision been made yet on whether the framework(s)/contract(s) are being either extended or renewed?
- Who is the procurement officer responsible for this contract and could you provide their email address and phone number please?
- Who is the senior officer (outside of procurement) responsible for this contract and could you provide their email address and phone number please?
- Who is the current supplier?
- If your current supplier is a Facilities Management/Waste/Cleaning Company, which sub-contractor services your organisation? E.g., which company’s staff actually collect your confidential waste?
- How many buildings have a secure shredding service?
- Do you receive an on-site or off-site shredding service?
- How many services per annum do you receive?
- What sized containers do you have installed?
- How many containers do you have installed?
- What pricing are you charged?
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide some of the information you have requested because an exemption(s) under section 38(1)(b) - Third party personal data of FOISA applies to that information. To protect the personal data of SPPA staff we do not supply names or contact information for any members of staff below executive team level.
Please find answers to your questions outside of this exemption below:
- SPPA’s confidential waste destruction services were procured via Crown Commercial Services.
- The name of the framework is CROWN COMMERCIAL SERVICE FACILITIES MANAGEMENT SERVICES FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT REF RM1056 – PROVISION OF TOTAL FACILITIES MANAGEMENT SERVICES LOT 1
- The contract value is circa £600k (for Total Facilities Management).
- The original contract start date was 01/04/2016 and ran until 31/03/21. The Contract was then extended from 01/04/21 until 31/03/22. The Contract was then extended again from 01/04/22 to 31/03/23. The Contract was then extended again from 01/04/23 to 30/06/23 and again from 01/07/23 to 31/03/24.
- There are no further contract extensions available.
- The current supplier is ShredIt, who are subcontracted through Sodexo.
- Scottish Public Pensions Agency occupies one building which is serviced via this contract.
- The shredding service consists of onsite collection and destruction of confidential waste.
- SPPA receive a fortnightly service, so approx 24 services per annum
- The size of the confidential waste containers is unknown.
- There are 19 confidential waste bins installed in the SPPA building.
- Confidential waste charges can’t be specifically identified due to being part of a larger cost.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback