- How many gender neutral toilets do you have for your department?
- Are cleaning staff (includes, but not limited to, all types of staff such as contractors, agency staff, permanent staff etc.) advised, directed or trained to place sanitary pads, commonly known as tampons, in the male toilets?
The answer to your question is:
- There are Gender Neutral toilets available in Atlantic Quay 5, Glasgow, Atlantic Quay 4, Glasgow, Victoria Quay, Edinburgh and Marine Scotland Laboratory, Aberdeen.
The numbers of Gender Neutral toilets per building is as follows:
- Atlantic Quay 5, Glasgow - 24
- Atlantic Quay 4, Glasgow - 4
- Victoria Quay, Edinburgh - 45
- Marine Scotland Laboratory, Aberdeen - 16
2. Yes, Scottish Government provide instructions to provide Sanitary Products in a proportion of male toilet facilities.
Identical requests were received addressed to other business areas within Scottish Government to be responded to on behalf of the Scottish Ministers, as such these have been withdrawn due to being identical in nature. You may have received automated acknowledgements for case numbers [202300363223 & 202300363230 – addressed to Scottish Public Pensions Agency (SPPA), 202300363282 – addressed to Housing and Regeneration, 202300363300 – addressed to Minister for Local Government and Housing] and would confirm that as identical responses under FOI(S)A we have a statutory requirement to answer one of these requests.
Scottish Public Pensions Agency (SPPA) is an agency of the Scottish Government and would normally provide a response on behalf of Scottish Ministers if in isolation, however given this request was submitted to various business areas it was agreed that a co-ordinated approach to the requests would be taken and one response issued on behalf of the Scottish Ministers
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback