The Ford between Luing and TorsaBeg: EIR release
- Marine Scotland Directorate
- Part of
- Public sector
Information request and response under the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004.
1. What evidencewas gathered to determine that the Ford between Luing and TorsaBeg is now restored to the original state before the unlicensed Causeway was constructed over it.
2. The steps that were taken to comply with section 3.11.6 of the UK Marine Policy Statement, who was consulted before this was signed off, and who in Marine Scotland was responsible for the decision to close the matter.
3. Please include all correspondence between Marine Scotland and the builders of the Causeway from the Isle of Luing to Torsa Beag, and their Contractors, adjoining Landowners, Members of the Public, the Press, Marine Scotland Inspectors and any other party including internal memoranda whether by Surface Mail, Email, Txt or Fax and Records of Telephone Conversations, together with Diary Entries and Records of Dates and Times of Site Visits by Marine Scotland and reports thereof regarding the major works carried out in September/October 2021 and the subsequent alterations made in December 2021 and during 2022.
4. Please include Benthic Survey data and Tidal data collected before and after construction of the New Causeway, and any other document pertaining to the Ford site including Historic and recent Maps, Plans, Air and Land Photos and tidal records held by Marine Scotland.
I enclose some of the information requested. While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide some of the information you have requested because exceptions under regulation 10(4)(a) – information not held, regulation 10(4)(e) - internal communications, regulation 10(5)(d) – confidentiality of proceedings and regulation 11(2) - personal information of a third party, of the EIRs apply to that information. The reasons why these exceptions apply are explained in the Annex to this letter.
Due to the size of the files we are unable to upload the documents referred to above. If you wish to consider, please contact us at the address below and we will be happy to provide.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 2 page PDF
- File size
- 138.6 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback