‘Under FOISA, please provide the High rise building inventory paper officials presented at the Building and Fire Safety Working Group : June 2022 on the current status of the High Rise Building Inventory (HRI)’
As requested, I enclose a copy of the ‘High Rise Building Inventory’ paper presented 8 June 2022.
High Rise Building Inventory (HRI) – Update Paper
1. To provide an update on the HRI and seeking the group’s advice on the future plans for the use of HRI.
2. The HRI is a central source of information on key aspects of the construction and fire safety features of high rise domestic blocks; this information was not previously collected or held prior to the HRI. The second iteration of the report was published on 8 November 2021. We are not aware of any response to the publication of the updated report.
3. The Scottish Government has separately carried out an exercise on High pressure Laminate (HPL) cladding in buildings, published on 14 September 2021.
4. There were minimal changes to the inventory between the first and second iterations.
5. Therefore the frequency of scheduled data collection is currently under review – policy officials suggest that further scheduled data collection in its current form is paused – subject to further discussion by this group and ministerial steer. Ownership of this data asset will pass to BSD and, in time, the data from the HRI or a future version of the HRI could become integrated into the recently announced Register of Safe Buildings as part of the Cladding Remediation Programme.
6. MWG are asked to note this update.
7. We would welcome the group’s advice on whether they are content that future iterations of the HRI data are paused and for it to be integrated into the Register of Safe Buildings going forwards in order to guide final ministerial decision.
Better Homes Division
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback