For Information about the Scottish government paying for social care staff entry costs.
- How many people applied for PVG through Disclosure Scotland between January and the 25th of June that were eligible to have their fees paid for by the Scottish government?
- How many people applied and were eligible for their first-time registration fees for the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) between January and the 25th of June?
- What is the total amount that has been spent on the social care staff entry costs scheme?
I enclose a copy of all of the information you requested:
- Regarding the numbers applying to Disclosure Scotland, specifically regarding the social care staff entry costs, whereby applicants used the 'FSC' prefix when applying, and rounded to the nearest 10, the total number of eligible applicants between January and the 25th June 2022 was 4,970.
- Regarding the numbers applying to Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC), specifically regarding the social care staff entry costs, the total number of eligible applicants between January and the 25th June 2022 was 14,604.
- The total amount of money that has been spent by the Scottish Government on the scheme, in terms of reimbursements to both Disclosure Scotland and SSSC, up to (and including) the date of receipt of this Freedom of Information request, is £490,320.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback