Carbon emissions and carbon offsetting from First Minister's trip: EIR release
Information request and response under the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004.
For more information surrounding the Scottish Government’s business travel carbon levy while looking into the First Minister’s journey to the United States, specifically:
- The cost contributed to this carbon emission levy per carbon emission of ministerial travel aboard, specifically air travel and of which was used in Nicola Sturgeon's May 2022 travel to and from the United States,
- Any organisations and projects that benefit from the carbon levy scheme,
- The information held by the Scottish Government on the carbon levy funded projects.
The cost contributed to this carbon emission levy per carbon emission of ministerial travel aboard.
The carbon levy is collected on each journey booked. The rates are:-
- Domestic – £5 per journey
- European – £6 per journey
- International – £15 per journey
For the First Minister’s journey to the United States would result in a carbon levy payment of £15.
Organisations and projects that benefit from the carbon levy scheme.
The levy is spent on core Scottish Government projects to reduce the carbon emissions from our buildings and operations. The levy is not available to third sector or private organisations.
The information held by the Scottish Government on the carbon levy funded projects.
The levy is spent on projects which reduce the carbon emissions of core Scottish Governments buildings and operations, for example: insulation upgrades, implementing sustainable travel infrastructure, renewable energy projects, biodiversity projects, waste minimisation initiatives and water conservation.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback