Information relating to the Scottish Government's CCTV maintenance contract. In particular, you asked the following questions:
1. Supplier of the contract for CCTV maintenance and support?
2. How much the Organisation spend annually with the supplier? (if multiple suppliers please list the annual spend for each).
3. What is the expiry date of this contract?
4. What is the duration of the contract?
5. What is the review date of this contract? If possible the likely outcome of this review.
6. The primary brand of the CCTV equipment. I don’t require the model just the brand. If there is various brands could you please list?
7. What is the total number of cameras in use/under this contract?
8. The description of the services provided under this contract. Please state if this contract includes more than just CCTV services.
9. Contact details of the employee responsible for the Contract between the supplier and the organisation. Can you please provide me with their full contact details?
1. CCTV maintenance and support is provided within a wider Facilities Management (FM) contract. This FM contract is delivered to the Scottish Government by Mitie Technical Services and the CCTV maintenance and support element by Mitie Fire and Security.
2. The costs for CCTV maintenance and support form part of the overall FM contract cost. Scottish Government spend on CCTV maintenance and support is not itemised.
3. The current FM contract is due to expire on 30th September 2028.
4. The current FM contract was awarded for seven years with the option to extend for up to three further years (two + one).
5. The contract will be reviewed ahead of the end of the seven-year initial term (30th September 2028). The decision on whether or not to implement the contract extension option(s) will include the contractor’s performance which is kept under ongoing review by monitoring Performance Measures.
6. The CCTV equipment used on our estate includes Samsung, JVC and Sannoy.
7. A total of 281 cameras are covered under the contract.
8. As stated in the answer to Question 1, CCTV maintenance and support is provided within a wider FM contract. In addition to CCTV maintenance and support, this contract delivers both Hard and Soft Services including: planned and reactive maintenance (HVAC plant, lighting, fire systems, security systems, building fabric), cleaning, pest control, landscaping, security, key holding, project management, waste management and energy management.
9. Head of Delivery Services, Silvan House, Edinburgh EH12 7AT
You also requested additional information if there is no CCTV maintenance contract or ad-hoc maintenance arrangements in place. From the detail provided in the answers above there is a full maintenance contract in place.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback