1. Was this recruitment conducted by an external recruiter, and if so, what were the costs involved in this?
2. How many candidates were considered for this position?
3. Please provide any ministerial briefings or emails to ministers relating to the departure of Mr Hair and the appointment of Mr Tydeman.
4. Please can you provide the breakdown of Mr Tydeman’s remuneration by: basic salary, bonus, pension and any other benefits such as car allowance or private healthcare.
1. The Ferguson Marine Port Glasgow (FMPG) Board, led by the Chair recruited David Tydeman as the new Chief Executive of FMPG. The Chair employed consultant’s Odgers Berndtson to carry out the recruitment process. As the FMPG Board carried out the recruitment, the Scottish Government does not hold any detail on the costs involved.
For information on the cost of the recruitment process, I would advise that you contact Ferguson Marine directly at FOI@fergusonmarine.com.
This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
2. 194 individuals were identified from global market mapping, the mapping exercise covered 25 different sectors, including Shipbuilding, Aviation, Defence, Manufacturing and Engineering. 48 were approached, with 34 responding and were briefed on the role. 21 potential candidates further engaged in the detailed briefing and screening discussions. Nine of which were subsequently interviewed and assessed by Odgers Berndtson. Two candidates were then put forward for interview by a panel including the FMPG Chair.
3. Please find attached seven documents within the scope of your request.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide some of the information you have requested because exemptions under sections 30(b)(i) (free and frank provision of advice), 30(b)(ii) (free and frank exchange of views for the purposes of deliberation), Section 30(c) – substantial prejudice to the effective conduct of public affairs and S38(1)(b) (personal data relating to a third party) of FOISA applies to that information. The reasons why these exemptions apply are explained in Annex A to this letter.
4. Mr Tydeman will receive a salary of £205,000 per annum. The benefits package includes medical cover, pension and life insurance. The role also offers the opportunity to earn a bonus against operational KPIs.
The FMPG Board manages Mr Tydeman’s contract. For further information on this matter, I would advise that you contact Ferguson Marine directly at FOI@fergusonmarine.com.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
FOI - 202100265480 - Information Released - Annex A
- File type
- 2 page PDF
- File size
- 88.2 kB
FoI-202100265480 - Information released - Annex B
- File type
- 19 page PDF
- File size
- 3.0 MB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback