"Specifically, my query relates to the Trunk Road A84 between Doune and Callender (section westbound in particular between Drumvaich and Kelty Bridge).
Please can you send me:
1. A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to that road. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
2. A copy of the road repair history for that road over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include dates of all safety inspections between 1 March 2020 – 9 December 2021.
3. Details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle etc.). Details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time. Details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out"
As the information you have requested is 'environmental information' for the purposes of the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (EIRs), we are required to deal with your request under those Regulations. We are applying the exemption at section 39(2) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA), so that we do not also have to deal with your request under FOISA.
This exemption is subject to the 'public interest test'. Therefore, taking account of all the circumstances of this case, we have considered if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption. We have found that, on balance, the public interest lies in favour of upholding the exemption, because there is no public interest in dealing with the same request under two different regimes. This is essentially a technical point and has no material effect on the outcome of your request.
To aid with my response I have retained the numbering from your request above.
1. The information you have requested is available from Transport Scotland's website and can be found by using the following link Road Asset Management Plan for Scottish Trunk Roads, January 2016 (transport.gov.scot).
Under regulation 6(1)(b) of the EIRs, we do not have to give you information which is already publicly available and easily accessible to you in another form or format. If, however, you do not have internet access to obtain this information from the website(s) listed, then please contact me again and I will send you a paper copy.
2 and 3. Please see Annexes A and B to this response for copies of the inspection and defect records for the location and time period requested.
During this period the following road maintenance schemes were also carried out:
- A84 Dumloist – 20/NW/0103/167 - The scheme was a surface course replacement with localised areas of deeper Structural inlay patches.
- A84 Kelty Bridge – 21/NW/0319/011 - The scheme was a small surface course replacement scheme.
- A84 Kelty Bridge – 17/NW/1201/043 - Bridge refurbishment scheme.
Further details on how safety inspections are carried out are contained in the Road Asset Management Plan using the link provided above.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 16 page PDF
- File size
- 95.9 kB
- File type
- File size
- 251.7 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback