Copies of all and any documentation:
- sent and / or received by SG pursuant to clause 4.1 of that Agreement, being monthly reports prepared by SRUL for the SG; and
- detailing any revisions to targets / milestones referred to in clause 4.2 of that Agreement (if any); and
- being a “Completion Report” (or similar) - if it exists - prepared by SRUL in terms of clause 4.3 of that Agreement for submission to the SG describing outcomes and performance of the “Project” (as more particularly described in that Agreement); and
- sent and / or received by SG pursuant to clause 4.4 of that Agreement (if any), describing and / or detailing complince by SRUL with the terms of that Agreement in so far as they relate to progress of that “Project”; and
- sent and / or received by SG pursuant to clause 4.6 of that Agreement (if any), being notification of any “…irregular or fraudulent activity that may have any impact on the Project or on the use of the Grant….”.
The Scottish Government and Scottish Rugby have had frequent informal discussion over the period of the Grant term to ensure correct use of the funding provided to support jobs and infrastructure. The Scottish Government has been satisfied that the funding has been used for its intended purpose.
Information provided by Scottish Rugby on spend is as follows. Up to Scottish Rugby's financial year end of 30 May 2021, the £13.5m grant spending is disclosed in Scottish Rugby's 2020/21 Annual Report. The remaining £1.5m is being spent in this current year via two very specific funds, as outlined in Scottish Rugby's Strategic Plan - The Club Recovery Fund designed to help Clubs recover from the pandemic and the Return to Rugby fund designed to support the replaying of rugby after a prolonged absence and attract players and volunteers back to the game. As of 31 October 2021 £0.7m of the £1.0m set aside for the Return to Rugby Fund had been spent and almost all of the Club Recovery Fund had also been utilised.
The Scottish Government and Scottish Rugby will continue to engage and receive further details of the remaining funding. A report produced by Scottish Rugby on the use of the funding has been included in Scottish Rugby's Annual Report which has been published. Please find a copy here where the Government funding report is included on pages 44-46.
Under section 25(1) of FOISA, we do not have to give you information which is already reasonably accessible to you. If, however, you do not have internet access to obtain this information from the website(s) listed, then please contact me again and I will send you a paper copy.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback