- 24 Nov 2021
Date received: 11 Oct 2021
Date responded: 5 Nov 2021
1. How many banning orders have been given in the last 10 years for abusive language at a football match?
2. How many football related banning orders have been given for violence at football matches in the last 10 years?
3. How many banning orders have been given for someone bringing paraphernalia to a football match in the last 10 years? e.g. knives, flares, etc.
4. Would you be able to split the figures on a season by season basis.
5. Can you please split the figures also on a club by club basis.
From our files we have identified some of the information you have requested. The Scottish Government holds the numbers of banning orders that have been given in the last ten years along with figures split on a club by club basis between 2006 and February 2018 and football banning orders by offence between seasons 2011-12 and 2016-17. We do not hold more up to date figures beyond February 2018.
It is important to note that these figures were obtained from Police Scotland, the Scottish Government is not responsible for the collation of football banning orders across Scotland. Police Scotland collates and holds football banning order information, they can be contacted for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 3 page PDF
- 231.6 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House