- 10 Sep 2021
Date received: 27 Jul 2021
Date responded: 20 Aug 2021
What has been all the costs been to the Scottish Government to produce all the dementia strategies from 2011 to date.
There have been three dementia strategies produced by the Scottish Government. The first dementia strategy in Scotland was produced in June 2010 - Scotland's National Dementia Strategy (wdhscp.org.uk).The second covered 2013-2016 - https://www.gov.scot/Resource/0042/00423472.pdf (webarchive.org.uk).
The third and latest strategy was published in June 2017, our National dementia strategy: 2017-2020. This was launched on the Scottish Government website - National dementia strategy: 2017-2020 - gov.scot (www.gov.scot) and hard copies were produced and sent to partners, NHS, local government and stakeholder organisations.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic plans to produce a forth dementia strategy have been delayed and instead, in response to the pandemic, The Dementia and COVID-19 National Action Plan was published on 22 December 2020 - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - dementia and COVID-19: action plan -gov.scot (www.gov.scot).
The National action plan has been made available in various different, accessible formats, including: online full Plan with downloadable and print-ready PDF; Easy Read version of the Plan on-line and with downloadable and print-ready PDF; and an audio version via on-line sound files.
The production costs for each strategy are provided below –
- Cost to produce 2010 Dementia Strategy including printing of hard copies = £13,842.18 + VAT
- Cost for print only of 2013-2016 Dementia Strategy = £2,825.67 + VAT
- Cost to produce 2017-2020 Dementia Strategy including printing of hard copies = £2,148.82 + VAT
- Cost of producing the recent Dementia and COVID-19 National Action Plan including accessible formats = £1,209.48 + VAT
Therefore, all the costs to Scottish Government to produce ALL the dementia strategies from 2011 to date is £20,026.15. This covers the 11 year period 2010 to 2021.
Please note two caveats:
1. We have included costs of the first dementia strategy which although published in June 2010 was in effect during 2011, the date specified.
2. We have included the costs for the National Action Plan which we are using during 2021 as a current strategic plan as we come through and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House