1. To date, how many applications have been made under the Scottish Government Tenant Hardship Loan Fund that launched in December 2020?
2. How many applications for a Tenant Hardship Loan have been approved?
3. How many Tenant Hardship Loans have been approved for private sector tenants and how many for social sector tenants?
4. What is the total value of Tenant Hardship Loans approved and what is the mean average loan?
5. How many Tenant Hardship Loan applications have been refused or rejected?
6. How many Tenant Hardship Loan applications are still being processed?
1. As of 3 August 2021 there have been 1009 applications to the Tenant Hardship Loan Fund.
2. Within this total there were 207 approved applications.
3. Within approved applications there were 159 private rented sector tenants and 48 social rented sector tenants.
4. The total value of approved loans is £558,295.63, giving an average loan of £2697.08.
5. There have been 458 rejected or refused applications. In addition there have been 234 withdrawn applications, by either the applicants themselves or by our loan administrators following no response to information requests. These applications can be restarted upon contact from the applicant.
6. There are 110 applications currently in process.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback