All information in your possession showing or tending to show what information in any form was provided to the ECU and/or Scottish Borders Council by EDF, in seeking to secure Scottish Ministers’ consent to extend the consent for Cloich Windfarm. (EC00003108) beyond the five year period already consented.
1. Please, in particular, provide all information as to which conditions were found to require further time to be investigated.
2. Please advise which conditions, if any, within the original consent have now been met and/or discharged.
3. Please advise if any work has been carried out to preserve the existence of the deemed planning permission? If so, what work?
Finally, since this is evidently a matter which required a decision by Ministers, please kindly provide a copy of officials’ advice to Ministers in respect of the request for the extension of the five year consent.
Attached is a copy of the information requested at your first and last paragraphs above: information provided by EDF in seeking to secure an extension of implementation of consent and officials advice to Ministers.
1. Energy Consents officials on behalf of Scottish Minsters advise they do not hold any information as to which conditions may or may not require further time to be investigated. Conditions attached to deemed planning permission would be for the local planning authority (Scottish Borders Council) to monitor and enforce.
2. The conditions attached to the Section 36 consent for Cloich Forest Wind farm regarding notification of intended date of commencement of development and first commissioning have yet to be discharged by Scottish Ministers.
The conditions attached to the planning permission, which was deemed to be granted by Ministers alongside the section 36 consent for Cloich Forest Wind farm, are for the local planning authority (Scottish Borders Council) to monitor and enforce.
Energy Consents officials have been informed by the developer (EDF) that none of the conditions have been discharged to date.
3. Energy Consent officials on behalf of Scottish Ministers advise they have no knowledge if any work has been carried out by the Applicant to preserve the existence of the deemed planning permission.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
FOI202100220757 - Information released
- File type
- 42 page PDF
- File size
- 2.3 MB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback