- 14 Jul 2021
Date received: 22 Jun 2021
Date responded: 14 Jul 2021
With reference to the Scottish Scallop Sector Working Group (SSSWG), you requested:
1. Minutes of SSSWG meetings and correspondence with the group.
2. Clarification of the work underway to foster voluntary engagement at a local level.
3. How we feel that work has progressed in the past 6 months.
4. What specifically the SSSWG has discussed about modernisation.
5. Notes of the meetings.
6. How many installations have now been completed.
7. Have Compliance colleagues joined any of these meetings to date.
8. Names of businesses and associations who are members of SSSWG.
I am able to all of the information you requested, noting that you accepted that I would be removing personal information from the materials I share. Such details are an exception under regulation 11(2) of the EIRs (personal information) covering personal data of a third party and disclosing it would contravene the data protection principles in Article 5(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation and in section 34(1) of the Data Protection Act 2018. This exception is not subject to the ‘public interest test’, so we are not required to consider if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exception.
1. Please see attached document showing minutes, notes and correspondence for all SSSWG meetings with personal information removed as per exception above.
2. This information is covered by information supplied at point 1.
3. This request has not been considered as part of the EIR.
4. This information is covered by information supplied at point 1.
5. This information is covered by information supplied at point 1.
6. Coverage of the scallop dredge fleet currently sits at between 30 and 40%. Broken down - 14 voluntary installations have so far been completed. A further 30 installations are currently either partially completed or in the process of being scheduled.
7. Key colleagues in Marine Scotland Science and Compliance have standing invites to SSSWG meetings.
8. This information is covered by information supplied at point 1.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House