Following the retirement of Boyd Mcadam as Chief Executive of Children's Hearings Scotland can you please tell me-
1. The names of the online and print media the job advert for Chief Executive featuded in?
2. How many applicants applied for the job?
3. How many people were interviewed for the position of Chief Executive?
4. Who interviewed the candidates for the position of Chief Executive?
1. The job advert for recruiting a new Chief Executive of Children’s Hearings Scotland (CHS) was placed on S1 Jobs, MyjobScotland, across Social Media and amongst key partners including the Children’s Hearings Improvement Partnership.
2. There were 18 applications received.
3. The shortlisting panel invited five candidates to engage in the selection process. One candidate unfortunately withdrew from the process for personal reasons after invite to interview.
4. Each candidate undertook three distinct assessments, and a final formal interview:
- Assessment Panel 1 – Assessors included a CHS Board Member, a key professional partner, a Panel Member and an Area Convener.
- Assessment Panel 2 - Assessors included a CHS Board Member, a key professional partner, a Panel Member and a Panel Practice Adviser
- Assessment Panel 3 – This panel comprised members of the Our Hearings, Our Voice Board and another care experienced young person.
- Formal Interview – The Interview Panel comprised the Chair of CHS Board, another CHS Board Member (not previously involved in any other part of the process), the CEO of Children in Scotland and a senior HR Adviser.
Please note, the Scottish Government does not have direct involvement in the overall recruitment process for the Chief Executive. If you have any further detailed questions regarding the recruitment process, I recommend these are directed to Children’s Hearings Scotland.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback