- 3 Mar 2021
Date received: 5 Jan 2021
Date responded: 21 Jan 2021
Infromation pertaining to the ChargePlace Scotland Charge Point Network Operator (CPNO) Services Contract originally awarded by Transport Scotland to Charge Your Car Limited in August 2016.
(i) the raw operational data to be collected by the CPNO,
(ii) the processed operational data to be regularly provided by the CPNO to ChargePlace Scotland and/or Transport Scotland,
(iii) the key performance indicators and/or service levels to be delivered by the CPNO under the contract,
(iv) for reference, the Transport Scotland contract number of the contract together with a copy of the official Notice of Award made by Transport Scotland for the contract.
As the information you have requested is ‘environmental information’ for the purposes of the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (EIRs), we are required to deal with your request under those Regulations. We are applying the exemption at section 39(2) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA), so that we do not also have to deal with your request under FOISA.
This exemption is subject to the ‘public interest test’. Therefore, taking account of all the circumstances of this case, we have considered if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption. We have found that, on balance, the public interest lies in favour of upholding the exemption, because there is no public interest in dealing with the same request under two different regimes. This is essentially a technical point and has no material effect on the outcome of your request.
1. Please see extract “Operational Data” taken from the framework agreement.
2. Please see extract “Reporting” taken from the framework agreement. This details the operational data expected to be reported by the CPNO to Transport Scotland.
3. Please see extract “Performance monitoring” taken from the framework agreement. The CPNO is measured using the Scottish Government standard performance KPI stencil.
4. The official notice of award and contract number can be viewed using the following link View Notice - Public Contracts Scotland.
Extracts taken from the Single-SUPPLIER framework agreement for CPNO services
Operational Data to be COLLATED by CPNO
The Operator will be required to record the following information as a minimum:
- Exact address of the Charge Point, including latitude and longitude.
- Available facilities in close proximity of the Charge Point
- The physical condition of the Charge Point and parking area
- Parking charges (if applicable)
- Tariff charges (if applicable)
- Available signage directing Users to the Charge Point (if applicable)
- Correct labelling applied to the Charge Point
- Photographs of the Charge Point and parking area
- To provide a secure customer database for existing and future Users and Hosts.
The Operator shall provide regular reports on the performance of the Services to comply with the requirements of the Employer for any Task Order or in summary form for all the Task Orders. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Employer for any Task Order, the level of reporting shall include the following:
1. monthly briefing notes;
2. quarterly reports;
3. annual reports;
4. financial estimates;
5. status reports;
6. a post project evaluation report; and
7. any other ad-hoc reports on relevant topics relating to the performance of the Services required by the Employer.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House