Road inspections and maintenance to part of the A76: EIR release
- Part of
- Public sector, Transport
Information request and response under the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004
In relation to the A76 between Mauchline and Auchinleck at the blue bridge over the river Ayr:
1. A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to that road. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
2. A copy of the road repair history for that road over. the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include dates of all safety inspections between 05/09/2020 and 4/11/2020.
- Details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle etc)
- Details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time
- Details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.
As the information you have requested is 'environmental information' for the purposes of the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (EIRs), we are required to deal with your request under those Regulations. We are applying the exemption at section 39(2) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA), so that we do not also have to deal with your request under FOISA
This exemption is subject to the 'public interest test'. Therefore, taking account of all the circumstances of this case, we have considered if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption. We have found that, on balance, the public interest lies in favour of upholding the exemption, because there is no public interest in dealing with the same request under two different regimes. This is essentially a technical point and has no material effect on the outcome of your request.
1) For details of our current road maintenance policy please see Annexes A and B to this response. Annex A contains a copy of our Trunk Road Inspection Manual and Annex B contains an extract of the current South West Units Contract relating to inspection requirements.
2) Please see Annexes C and D to this response for details of all safety inspections carried out at the location you are interested in between 1 December 2019 and 30 November 2020.
3) Details on how safety inspections are undertaken are carried out are contained in Annexes A and B to this response.
Please note: due to the size of the files we are unable to upload the documents referred to above (Annex A) If you wish to consider, please contact us at the address below and we will be happy to provide them.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 236 page PDF
- File size
- 1.5 MB
- File type
- 17 page PDF
- File size
- 163.2 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback