You asked for the following information on the Lochaber Delivery Group:
1. its remit
2. its membership
3. the dates of its meetings
4. for which of those meetings Mr Ewing was present and in the chair (physically or virtually),
5. the latest agreed minutes.
I will answer each of your questions in turn:
1. The purpose of the Lochaber Delivery Group is to support the industrial and economic objectives of the GFG Alliance in relation to the Lochaber complex comprising the aluminium smelter, power generation assets and estate lands and to maximise broader public benefit from so doing.
2. The Delivery Group comprises the Scottish Government, the Highland Council, Highlands & Islands Enterprise and GFG Alliance working alongside other public sector bodies and individuals as may be necessary for delivery of its aims.
3. The meeting dates of the Lochaber Delivery Group are as follows:
- 3 March 2017
- 4 July 2017
- 23 October 2017
- 9 March 2018
- 1 July 2018
- 14 September 2018
4. The Cabinet Secretary for the Rural Economy and Tourism, Fergus Ewing MSP, was present in his capacity as chair for all of the meetings.
5. The Delivery Group records action points rather than minutes. Action points of all meetings, along with further information can be found at the following link https://webarchive.nrscotland.gov.uk/20190906215436/http:/hie.co.uk/regional-information/area-information/lochaber-skye-and-wester-ross/liberty.html.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback