Working from home PAT testing: FOI release
- Part of
- Public sector
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
1. PAT testing record for each appliance , description and asset number - both in the building and issued for work from home.
2. Confirmation that each device issued to work from home is currently recorded on the record and has been tested in accordance with the Electricity at Work Regulations.
3. Provide detail of the provision you have made to maintain individuals safety while working at home in relation to electrical appliances.
4. Provide a copy of the guidance issued to summarise point 3.
The answer to your questions are:
- The PAT testing report carried out by our contractor is attached*. This covers all appliances either at home or currently in the building as of Sept 2019. PAT Testing is carried out in line with SG policy.
- All devices are tested by a specialist contractor in accordance with the Electricity at Work Regulations. A number of staff have been issued with brand new devices which do not require to be PAT Tested at this time and are therefore not on the attached report, all other portable devices either at home or in the building are included in the report.
- See attached document ‘IT Update’ which is issued to all staff; and
- See attached document.
*Due to the size of the files we are unable to upload the document referred to above. If you wish to consider, please contact us at the address below and we will be happy to provide them.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 6 page PDF
- File size
- 311.9 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback