- 4 Aug 2020
Date received: 26 Jun 2020
Date responded: 14 Jul 2020
a list of GP Contract disputes where;
1. applications were submitted prior to 1st August 2018
2. submissions and observations lodged in 2018
3. the NHS failed to respond, submit or observe on the GP Contractors dispute (following invitations to do so by Ministers)
4. the dispute is still outstanding and no determination has been released
I enclose some of the information you requested. While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide some of the information you have requested because an exemption(s) under section(s) s.38(1)(b) (personal information) of FOISA applies to that information. Individual practices will not be identified in our response.
1) Prior to 1 August 2018, 32 dispute applications were submitted to Scottish Government. Of these 4 were not duly made, 1 was withdrawn and 1 was resolved locally.
2) No representations or observations were submitted by NHS boards or GP practices in 2018. Scottish Government requested representations for 1 dispute in December 2018. A response from the NHS Board was received in January 2019.
3) NHS Boards have provided representations or observations in all cases following invitations to do so by Scottish Government.
4) There are currently 3 valid disputes outstanding with a further 3 disputes which may be considered by an external adjudicator once appointed. Scottish Government has not yet sought representations from NHS Boards or GP practices for the latter 3 cases.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House