- 4 Jun 2020
Date received: 4 May 2020
Date responded: 2 Jun 2020
1 - Please advise the total spend of recruitment agencies in the last 12 months?
2 - Please advise what's the temporary agency spend for admin, call centre, data processing and clerical roles in the last 12 months?
3 - Please advise what's the temporary agency spend for roles such as warehouse, catering and cleaners in the last 12 months?
4 - Please advise what the permanent agency spend has been in the last 12 months?
5 - Which recruitment agencies have you used in the last 12 months?
6 - Which framework agreements do you use for agencies? ie Scottish Government, Crown Commercial Services?
7 - What process do recruitment agencies have to follow to be given jobs to work on?
8 - Who is responsible for engaging new recruitment agencies?
The answers to your questions are:
1. The total spend of recruitment agencies in the last 12 months is £4,009,313.30
2. Temporary agency spend for admin, call centre, data processing and clerical roles in the last 12 months is £451,202.88
3. There has be no temporary agency spend for roles such as warehouse, catering and cleaners in the last 12 months.
4. There has been no permanent agency spend in the last 12 months.
5. New tenders have been submitted to the following agencies in the last 12 months:
Harvey Nash Scotland;
Pertemps Recruitment Partnership Ltd.
Venesky-Brown Recruitment Ltd.
There is also residual work with Parity and Spring Technology that has been ongoing in the last 12 months.
6. The framework agreements we use for agencies are:
• SP-18-013 – Framework for the provision of Admin, Catering & Manual staff services – South Region;
• SP-18-014 – Framework for the provision of Interim Professional Staff Services – National;
• SP-18-015 – Framework for the provision of Interim IT Staff Services – National.
• Crown Commercial Services
7. Once on the available frameworks, call-off contracts may be awarded by a direct award ranked solution process, or by mini-competition by inviting all Framework Contractors. Candidate CVs are submitted for each role, and are assessed to determine who is likely to offer best overall value for money and achieve the desired result in terms of assignment fulfilment.
8. As an Executive Agency of the Scottish Government, Transport Scotland utilise recruitment frameworks that have been agreed as part of an open procurement competition run by the Scottish Government. New recruitment agencies will be invited to engage in the new tender process towards the end of the current Framework Period.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House