You asked for information regarding funding distribution prior to the Domestic Abuse (Scotland) Act 2018 coming in to force.
The answer to your question is, as per previous correspondence (201900001047 and 201900001049), the following organisations were provided with funding for training on the Domestic Abuse (Scotland) Act 2018:
- £825k to Police Scotland to train over 14,000 officers and front line staff
- £166k to Scottish Women’s Aid to develop training materials and train workers
- The following additional funding was provided by Scottish Government relating to implementation of the Domestic Abuse (Scotland) Act 2018:
- £400k to develop an awareness raising campaign on domestic abuse offence to coincide with implementation of the Act.
- £12,625 to Abused Men in Scotland to produce information guides on how the Act may be accessed by men and deliver 10 Scotland-wide events.
The most recent statistics on crime in Scotland are in the Scottish Crime and Justice Survey 2017-18, and can be found here: https://www.gov.scot/publications/scottish-crime-justice-survey-2017-18-main- findings/
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback