- 23 Oct 2019
Date received: 23 Sep 2019
Date responded: 18 Oct 2019
Clarification around the second year funding of students attending the Internationale de Theatre Jacques Lecoq.
Presently, students who are awarded funding for the Internationale de Theatre Jacques Lecoq are awarded a one off tuition fee grant but are expected to split the living cost grant equally across the two years of their course.
You also ask for information on other specialised international study opportunities, such as the College of Europe, and ask for details on what support is provided for these courses, how many applications for scholarships have been received and how many have been funded by SAAS.
SAAS process the funding support for several specialised international institutions and provide the information you have requested per institution below. These are postgraduate level courses and shall only be funded for a maximum of 2 years.
College of Europe
- Fund up to three students each academic year.
- Funding package consists of Tuition fee Grant of 16,500 Euros; Board and Lodgings of 8,500 Euros and 2,760 Euros Maintenance Grant.
- We have received applications for and funded 15* students from 2012-2013 to 2017-2018.
John Hopkins University
- Fund up to one student each academic year.
- Funding package is a Tuition fee grant of 36,700 Euros.
- We have received too few applications in order to disclose this information.
European University Institute
- Fund up to six students each academic year.
- Funding package consists of a Maintenance Grant of 18,900.
- We have received applications for and funded 20* students from 2012-2013 to 2017-2018.
*Please note that these numbers are rounded to the nearest 5.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House