- 12 Aug 2019
Date received: 24 Jul 2019
Date responded: 12 Aug 2019
1) How many desktop and laptop computers does the Scottish Government own in total?
2) How many desktop and laptop computers does the Scottish Government own that run on the Windows 7 operating system?
3) How many desktop and laptop computers does the Scottish Government own that run on a version of Windows even older than Windows 7 (for example Windows Vista or Windows XP)?
4) If you cannot answer the questions above, can you provide an estimate for what percentage of computers owned by the Scottish Government currently run on Windows 7 or an even older version of Windows?
5) Has the Scottish Government set a deadline for upgrading to Windows 10 any computers that currently run on Windows 7 or an older version of Windows?
The responses to each of your questions are below. It should be noted that these figures relate to active devices on the domain:
1) 1272 Desktops and 7121 Laptops
2) 20 desktops and 9 laptops
3) 0 (zero)
4) Not applicable
5) No deadline is currently set. The Scottish Government completed a Windows 10 Upgrade project in November 2018. Any devices that are now identified with an older operating system will be upgraded or removed from the network
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House