- 20 Aug 2019
Date received: 24 Jul 2019
Date responded: 20 Aug 2019
- The number of car parking spaces you have for your employees at all your properties, and the location of said properties.
- If your employees have completed a staff travel survey which includes questions on the method of transport used to get to their place of work, and if so, when.
- If yes to Q2, what percentage of staff said they used a car as their primary method of transport to work.
1. Transport Scotland has two properties where staff have access to car parking spaces.
Buchanan House (in Glasgow) has 42 car parking spaces which are used for a variety of different purposes. This includes Transport Scotland pool vehicles, hire cars, visitor parking with the remainder open for staff to book for business related travel.
The Traffic Control Centre (at South Queensferry) has 4 dedicated car parking spaces. Staff also have access to 4 electric vehicle charging spaces.
2. Transport Scotland undertook a commute travel to work survey in March 2019.
3. Transport Scotland’s commute travel to work survey was completed by 304 of the 443 members of staff in the agency. Of the staff members who completed the survey 22% of staff use a car as their primary method of transport to work.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House