Chief Executive NHS Highland retirement: FOI release
- Health Workforce Directorate
- Part of
- Health and social care, Public sector
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
- Did Elaine Mead retire from her position as Chief Executive of NHS Highland at a natural career break point or did she decide to leave for her own reasons?
- Were any payments made to Elaine Mead, above normal monthly salary payments, if so when and what value.
- Were any one-off payments made as per contract; if so when and the value.
- Were any other payments made to Elaine Mead upon her decision to leave the employment of NHS Highland.
Our aim is to provide information wherever possible. In this instance, I must advise you however, in relation to questions 1 to 4 above, that the Scottish Government does not hold information in relation to this request. The reason the Scottish Government does not hold the information you have asked for is because the Scottish Government is not responsible for the direct employment of NHS employees. Individual NHS Boards have delegated responsibility as the employer for concluding contracts of employment, including all matters in relation to appointment and termination, subject to nationally agreed terms and conditions of service. However, you may wish to contact NHS Highland at:
https://www.nhshighland.scot.nhs.uk/Pages/FreedomofInformation.aspx who may be able to help you.
This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
You may find it helpful to note that Elaine Mead wrote to Scottish Government officials on 02 July 2018 to inform them that she had written to the Chairman of NHS Highland on 30 June 2019 to tender her resignation from the position of Chief Executive of NHS Highland.
I can also confirm that the Scottish Government has not been formally advised of, or otherwise sanctioned, any ex gratia payments in relation to the departure of the former Chief Executive of NHS Highland.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback