- 12 Jun 2019
Date received: 3 Jun 2019
Date responded: 10 Jun 2019
Information from the organisation, in relation to their contract’s register. The contract register should display all the organisations existing/live contracts. I would like the register to display the following columns/headings:
1. Contract Reference
2. Contract Title
3. Procurement Category
4. Supplier Name
5. Spend (Total or Annual)
6. Contract Duration
7. Contract Extensions
8. Contract Starting Date
9. Expiration Date
10. Contract Description [Please provide me with as much detail as possible.]
11. Contact Owner (Full contact details if possible.)
12. CPV codes/ProClass
13. Contract Reference
1. For those organisation planning to make an exemption, the spend information I have requested is an overall figure and I am not requesting a complete breakdown of services relating to the spend.
2. If the organisation has a CRM system or a similar system there should be a facility to download and extract contract data.
3. You may forward me a Weblink to a portal to download the contract register, please make sure all of the organisation’s contracts are provided as doing prior research I have found that most organisations have only uploaded a small portion of all of their contracts.
Please do not think that this is the only information I require if you could provide me with more information that would be great.
Contract Data/API Contact Details
14. Can you also provide me with contact details of the person responsible for the actual contract’s register or someone responsible for API? [Name, Job Title, Telephone, Email Address] At the very least provide me with their actual job title.
(Meaning of API “a set of functions and procedures that allow the creation of applications which access the features or data of an operating system, application, or other service.”)
Please provide me with the contract’s register file in an excel format.
Education Scotland publishes details of live contracts each quarter. The Procurement Reform (Scotland) Act 2014 requires that public bodies publish information on regulated procurements, which means that all contracts of £50,000 and above need to be published. However, where possible, Education Scotland is committed to providing additional information and took the view that we should go further and publish details of contracts over £25,000. This information is available on Education Scotland’s website. Education Scotland Procurement
An excel spreadsheet is attached listing the information you requested. Education Scotland policy is that purchases under £2.5k do not fall within the remit of procurement, and there is a separate process for purchasing. Therefore the contract register covers only spend above the £2.5k threshold.
Education Scotland also uses Scottish Government contracts and frameworks which allows us to make purchases from suppliers without the need for a separate Education Scotland contract. Information on these contracts has been provided in the form of spend during 2018-19. Scottish Government frameworks and contracts
I have provided the information in a format which is broadly as per your request. I note that you have asked for a contract reference at heading 1 and 13. I think this is a duplication and you only require one reference. At heading 10 you ask for a description of the contract, however, Education Scotland describes the contract under contract title (heading 2) so this should provide the information you need. At heading 11 you ask for the ‘contract owner’. It is Education Scotland policy that general enquiries on specific contracts must be made via the procurement mailbox. I have therefore not provided details of contract managers, however, I have attached a link to the procurement mailbox. EdS Procurement
The details for the person responsible for the contract register is as follows:
Procurements and Grants Manager
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House