You asked for various pieces of information with regard to the organisation’s contracts for Server Hardware Maintenance, Server Virtualisation Licenses and Maintenance and Storage Area Network (SAN) Maintenance/Support.
Transport Scotland have no contracts for Server Hardware Maintenance and Storage Area Maintenance / Support in our own right, with the majority of our ICT infrastructure being provided by the Scottish Government. However, we have an arrangement with VMWare for the support of vSphere and I note the details of that below.
1. Contract Title: VMWare
2. Type of Contracts (ABOVE): Virtualisation support
3. Existing/Current Supplier: VMWare
4. Brand: VMWare
5. Operating System / Software (Platform): VMWare ESXi
6. Annual Average Spend: £1168.53
7. Contract Duration: 3 years
8. Contract Expiry Date: 29/10/20
9. Contract Review Date: 31/3/20
10. Purchase of Servers: March 2015
11. Number of Physical Server: 3
12. Number of Virtual Servers: 13
13. Brief Contract Description: VMware vCenter Server 6 Standard for vSphere 6 - Basic Support and Subscription
14. Contract Owner: [Redacted]; ICT Manager; 0141 272 [Redacted]; [Redacted]@transport.gov.scot
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback