1. A breakdown of the First Minister’s own accommodation costs, flight costs, vehicle hire costs and other costs related to the trip. Please also state the name of the accommodation provider and the type of vehicle hired.
2. The full cost of the entire Scottish Government delegation, including a breakdown showing costs related to accommodation, flights, vehicle hire and other costs. Please also state the name of the accommodation provider and the type of vehicle hired.
3. The names and positions of everyone who attended as part of the delegation.
1. & 2. All costs relating to the First Minister’s Visit has been previously published in the below Freedom of Information Request https://www.gov.scot/publications/foi-19-00362/
3. You also asked for the names and positions of those who attended as part of the delegation. The delegation consisted of 1 Private Secretary, 2 x Communications Staff, 2 x Visits and Events Managers and 2 x Special Advisers: Katy Bowman and Stuart Nicolson.
An exemption under section(s) 38(1)(b) of FOISA applies to some of the information you have requested, because it is personal data of a third party, ie names of those under Scottish Government Deputy Director Level.
This exemption is not subject to the ‘public interest test’, so we are not required to consider if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback