Date received: 19 December 2018
Date responded: 17 January 2019
information regarding the Scottish Government (SG) offices use of Multi-Function Devices (MFD).
The answer to your questions are listed below.
1. Please supply the number of MFD devices & the manufacturer/supplier of the devices the Scottish Government uses (within the main offices only)?
A total of 198 MFD devices are owned or leased by the core Scottish Government and installed within the main Scottish Government offices. The Scottish Government’s main buildings comprise of St Andrews House, Saughton House, Victoria Quay and Atlantic Quay.
The Scottish Government predominantly procures or leases the MFD devices from either Ricoh UK or Capital Document Solutions.
2. Does the SG have a Managed Print Service contract?
No. The Scottish Government procures or leases MFD devices through a National Framework for Office Equipment.
3. If so, who provides the Managed Print Service?
As stated above the Scottish Government does not have a Managed Print Service Contract.
4. What is the approximate annual print volume on the above MFD devices?
The average annual print volume for the 198 MFD devices is 106,000 pages per device.
5. Who is the main contact (please provide contact details) regarding the managing of the MFD fleet in the SG offices?
Paul Bland, Scottish Government, Saughton House, Broomhouse Drive, Edinburgh, EH11 3XD.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback