- 20 Dec 2018
Date received: 6 November 2018
Date responded: 20 December 2018
We request documentation for a period of 12 months prior to 15 December 2017 being :
1. Records of inspection for the M8, Kingston Bridge, near the westbound exit for Paisley.
2. Maintenance Records, including records of independent contractors working on the M8, Kingston Bridge, near the westbound exit for Paisley.
3. Statement of your Road Authorities Policy under the Code of Practice for Delivering Best Value in Highway Maintenance 2001 or alternatively records of the minutes of highway authority or local authority meetings where maintenance or repair policy has been discussed or decided.
4. Records of complaints about the state of the M8, Kingston Bridge, near the westbound exit for Paisley.
5. Records of other accidents which have occurred on the M8, Kingston Bridge, near the westbound exit for Paisley.’
To which you clarified the location on 29 November as; “Junction 20 M8, as you leave the Kingston Bridge going southbound”.
- Please refer to Annex A of this request which is the inspection defect report for M8 Junction 20 for 12 months prior to 15 December 2017.
- Annex B is the maintenance records for the location for 12 months prior to 15 December 2017. Can we get a line from STS on the issue we discussed earlier ie Annex A v Annex B.
- The Scottish Ministers Requirements set out in the 4th Generation Term Contracts are a bespoke set of requirements specific to the management and maintenance of the Scottish Trunk Road Network. The requirements meet or exceed the standards set out in the national codes of practice. The 4th Generation Term Contract for management and maintenance of the Scottish Trunk Road Network can be viewed with the following web link:
Our 4G contract and Road Asset Management Plan sets out Transport Scotland’s approach to the maintenance of the trunk road network. The Road Asset Management Plan is available online at;
4. Annex C is a record of complaints regarding the location for 12 months prior to 15 December 2017. An exception under regulation 11(2) of the EIRs (personal information) applies to some of the information requested because it is personal data of a third party and disclosing it would contravene the data protection principles in Article 5(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation and in section 34(1) of the Data Protection Act 2018. This exception is not subject to the ‘public interest test’, so we are not required to consider if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exception.
5. Annex D is records of other accidents which have occurred on the M8 Junction 20 for 12 months prior to 15 December 2017.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House