- 16 Oct 2018
Date received: 21 September 2018
Date responded: 15 October 2018
In your request you asked for the following information:
- What does the Scottish Government presently do to prevent it's employees getting into debt?
- What does the Scottish Government presently do to help employees in debt?
You have requested information for Scottish Government staff. Our response therefore covers staff who are subject to Scottish Government Main and Scottish Government Marine terms and conditions of employment and Senior Civil Servants in the organisations listed in Annex A.
The Scottish Government offers staff access to an Employee Assistance Service (EAS). The EAS provides confidential support and advice on a range of topics including debt management. Advice covers issues such as money worries and options to reduce debt through formal or informal methods.
In addition, the Charity for Civil Servants provides support and advice to all civil servants past and present on a range issues including money and debt advice and information on financial capability.
COVERAGE OF OUR RESPONSE
Our response covers staff employed on Scottish Government Main and Scottish Government Marine terms and conditions of employment and Senior Civil Servants in following areas:
• Scottish Government Core Directorates
• Accountant in Bankruptcy
• Disclosure Scotland
• Education Scotland
• National Records of Scotland
• Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator
• Scottish Housing Regulator
• Scottish Public Pensions Agency
• Student Awards Agency for Scotland
• Transport Scotland
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House