- 21 Jun 2018
FOI reference: FOI/18/01605
Date received: 8 June 2018
Date responded: 21 June 2018
1) What financial accounting software do you use?
2) Who supplies your financial accounting software (name of vendor or supplier)?
3) What was the original date of purchase or contact start date for your accounting software?
4) When is the contact renewal or expiry date for your accounting software?
5) If relevant, what is the cost of annual support and maintenance (last financial year April 2016- March 2017) for your accounting software?
6) Is Your IT in-house or outsourced, if outsourced, who is it outsourced to, and when is this contract up for renewal?
7) Could you confirm if your organisation has any applications (computer systems) running on the Fujitsu (formerly ICL) VME operating system?
8) If so, please list the names of these applications and their main role within your organisation?
9) Please also confirm if you have applications:
a) Operating on any other legacy platform such as OpenVME, IBM iSeries or written in legacy code such as Powerbuilder, COBOL etc. ?
b) Any operating system considered expensive or (technically) challenging to enabling digital transformation?
c) That are critical to the business but are at risk due to the scarcity of ageing support personnel or limited documentation?
10) Please confirm if these applications have been developed in-house i.e. they are bespoke to your organisation and that you own the source code.
1) Oracle Financials running on e-Business Suite R12.
2) Oracle Corporation UK Limited.
3) The Scottish Government began using Oracle e-Business Suite on 24 December 2001.
4) The Scottish Government has perpetual licences to use the software; however the support is re-procured in accordance with UK and EU procurement rules. The current contract will expire on 31st March 2019.
6) Partly. Our ICT applications are provided and supported in house however SAAS uses the SCOTS service provided by SG. This includes the provision of networks and Desktops.
7) We do not.
9) a) We do not.
9) b) N/A
9) c) N/A
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House